100m Argent 9021 HDMI 2.1 Armored Active Optical Cable
When you need the absolute best quality cable for long run installs such as in walls, ceilings or under floors this is the cable to use.
The Argent 9021 Armored Active Optical Cable (AOC) transmits uncompressed audio and video signals up to 100m.
This advanced cable is designed for professional applications. It handles the full 48 Gbps bandwidth of HDMI 2.1 whilst offering plug and play usability.
This cable employs a hybrid of both fibre optic and copper cores to provide full HDMI signal integrity over long distances. Zero latency, uncompressed video and audio with no frame delay are what this cable delivers.
A unique feature of this cable is the tough stainless steel outer sheath combined with Kevlar fibres to provide unparalleled strength. Our cables feature a pulling strength of greater than 60kgs vs the 10kgs typical of non armored AOCs.
- Transfer full 8K HDMI 2.1 video up to 100m with zero quality loss.
- Resolutions up to 8K@60Hz 4:4:4 including HDR 10, HDR 12 and Dolby Vision.
- Supports all HDMI audio formats including Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio.
- HDMI 2.1, HDMI 2.0, HDMI 1.x and DVI 1.0 compliant.
- HDCP 2.2, HDCP 1.4 compliant.
- CEC and transparent EDID supported.
- Zero frame delay, zero latency, zero compression, zero quality loss.
- Plug and Play installation. No drivers or external power required.
- Hybrid construction. Fiber and copper cores are used.
- Four OM3 Multi mode glass fibres transfer uncompressed video (and clock) at up to 48 Gbps.
- Seven copper wires transfer lower speed signals such as EDID, ARC and CEC.
- Cable is Kevlar reinforced and spiral wrapped in stainless steel armor for toughness.
- Surprisingly flexible. 20mm diameter bend radius for those tight corners.
- Slim. Only 6mm outer diameter.
- Tough. Cable can withstand up tp 80kg pulling force (68kg max on the cable heads).
- Crush resistance: Long term 100kg, Short term 200kg.
- Fibre is immune to EMI/RF ensuring crystal clear signal transmission.
- Integrated molded strain relief.
- Die cast zinc back shells with laser engraved indelible markings.
These cables are directional, meaning they only work one way. The heads are clearly labelled Source and Display.
Best practice when installing any long run cable in wall is to also pull a Cat 6 or better cable as a backup. Should the long run HDMI cable get damaged, the Cat cable allows for an HDMI extender to be used instead. This is still the recommended option for these Armored Active Optical Cables.